Austin Bully Butt Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, breed specific, English Bulldog Rescue Organization in Austin, TX. We are a volunteer run organization that relies solely on your tax deductible donations to provide the much needed medical care that our rescued bulldogs require. Federal Tax ID 46-3292327
Austin Bully Butt Rescue’s mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and find loving and knowledgeable families for rescued English Bulldogs. We rescue bulldogs from animal shelters, other rescue groups and from owners who can no longer properly care for their English Bulldog.
What we do for a bulldog
- Pull them out of harmful and/or unhealthy situations.
- Place them in nurturing and loving foster homes where they can begin the process of healing.
- Provide a full veterinarian medical exam, including vaccinations, preventatives and supplements.
- Spay/Neuter and provide all needed surgical procedures.
- Treat all medical, physical and emotional needs.
- Evaluate and develop appropriate health and behavioral profiles.
- Implement training and recovery processes.
- Examine and qualify each bulldog when ready for adoption.
- Thoroughly screen for suitable applicants and match each bulldog to a specific family for adoption.
- Adopt each bulldog into a stable, loving, knowledgeable and nurturing new home.
- Monitor each bulldogs health, living conditions and lifestyles, after adoption.
What we do for people
- Offer multiple volunteer opportunities within our rescue organization.
- Provide education around English Bulldogs and their specific physical and emotional needs.
- Direct and encourage English Bulldog lovers to spay/neuter their pets.
- Answer questions and offer counseling for existing bulldog owners.
- Help people find the right bulldog for them…changing their lives forever.
About Steve – ABBR President
Steve fell in love with bulldogs when he and his family agreed to babysit Bethany’s amazing and handsome bulldog named “T-Bone.” Bethany (ABBR’s Vice President) had just gotten a new place in South Austin, and she needed someone to watch T-bone while her place was being prepared for his arrival. Steve, an avid dog lover and experienced owner of sporting breeds, had no idea how entertaining, charming, cute, stubborn and challenging a bulldog can truly be.
It didn’t take long for Steve and his family to fall in-love with this incredible breed. When Steve came to realize that T-bone would soon be going home with Bethany, he felt sad and empty and decided to research what it would take for him and his family to bring their own bulldog into their home. Steve searched high and low and eventually his family decided to adopt an adorable bulldog from “Lone Star Bulldog Club Rescue” in Dallas, and on the way home to Austin, they named him “Brisket.”
About Bethany – ABBR Vice President
Originally from Downingtown, Pennsylvania, Bethany grew up with a loving family who showed her the beauty of being a dog owner. When she turned 8, her family got their first dog ever – China, a Chinese Shar-Pei. China was Bethany’s best friend through elementary school and junior high, forming the foundation of a lifetime of fascination and love for dogs.
After high school, Bethany attended Michigan State University as a music therapy major, then traveled for a number of years. After setting down in Austin, Bethany decided to finally get a dog of her own, and was lucky enough to rescue T-Bone.
She and T-Bone have taken Austin by storm, visiting multiple dog parks in town and eating at every food truck possible. Outside of the joys of Austin Bully Butt Rescue, Bethany works for Skillpoint Alliance, a local non-profit that inspires and prepares Central Texans for high-demand careers in the area.
She has plans to become a camp director one day…which is really just an excuse to have a bunch of dogs running around at all times!